MODEL MOTION TO AFFILIATE TO STAND UP TO R ACISM
After the fantastic Stand Up To Racism demos in London, Glasgow and Cardiff, now is the time for your trade union branch or campaign group to affiliate.
This branch/committee/organisation notes
• The fallout from the EU referendum has seen the Tories using EU citizens as bargaining chips in Brexit negotiations. Disgracefully they have turned away unaccompanied child refugees
• The government is still scapegoating migrants and refugees, and attacking Muslims with its Prevent Agenda.
• The election of Donald Trump, his Muslim ban and intention to build a wall to keep out Mexican migrants has led to a global wave of protests.
• The far right in Europe has built support against a backdrop of growing Islamophobia and the targeting of refugees.
• That we must combat attempts to divide and rule ordinary people.
• We believe Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and shadow home secretary Diane Abbott are correct to defend the rights of EU nationals and to stress the positive role that migrant workers play.
• It’s not migrants and refugees who undermine wages and public services – it’s cuts and austerity.
• To affiliate to Stand Up To Racism (SUTR), to publicise its national and local initiatives to our members and to send a representative to sit on our local Stand Up To Racism committee.
Name of union (plus branch/region, if applicable) • student union • campaign:
Annual affiliation rates (please circle): Local trade union branch/
student union/campaign: £50 • Regional: £200 • National: £500
Please make cheques payable to ‘Stand Up To Racism’.
Return this form to: SUTR, PO Box 72710, London SW19 9GX.